We recycle a wide variety of metals including, but not limited to:
- Household Appliances (fridges must be drained - NO freon)
- Lawnmowers (if batteries are not removed a deduction will occur, if applicable)
- Cars, Trucks, SUVs, & Farm Equipment
- Cable, Rebar, & Borings
- Aluminum, including pop cans
- Wire (insulated & non-insulated)
- Stainless Steel
- Catalytic Converters
- Non Lead/Acid Batteries
- Mercury switches/devices
- Gasoline, diesel, fuel, petroleum products, antifreeze - as a stand-alone product (vehicles sold as scrap need not be drained)
- CFCs, HCFCs, or refrigerant substitute - as a standalone product (vehicles sold as scrap need not be drained)
- Airbags containing sodium azide (unless part of a vehicle)
- Pyrotechnic devices
- PCBs (Capacitors, transformers, ballasts containing PCBs)
- Televisions, computer monitors, laptop screens
- Devices with Cathode-Ray Tubes or LCD displays
- Hazardous or toxic materials including: paints, pesticides, chemicals, etc.
- Free-flowing fluids of any nature
- Sealed/Pressurized drums, tanks, or cylinders
- Intact underground or above-ground storage tanks (must have large holes cut in one end and be visibly empty)
- Aerosol cans - unless punctured
- Excessive dirt, rocks, concrete, glass, wood, etc.
- Municipal or city property (manholes, street signs, etc.)
- Containers or vessels containing tar
- Trash or organic waste (including compost)
- Loose tires
- Any Radioactive objects
It is not required, but to get the best price, sorting is recommended.
Andersen's will not sort your material for you.
Volume price is a bonus paid to individuals or companies who haul in 20 tons or more in 1 calendar month. For example: January 1-January 31.
The bonus is an increase in the price paid for the remainder of the month and a check for the difference in all of the loads brought in from the first of the month to the 20 ton mark.
To remain on volume price, you must bring us more than 20 tons for 9 consecutive months. Volume resets at the 1st of every month otherwise.
We will pay you the same day with check or cash using our on-site EZ Cash Machine.
Any quantity under $100 will be issued cash. Any quantity over $100 and up to $2000 can be issued in the form of cash or a check. Any quantity over $2000 will be paid as a check, but up to $2000 may be paid as cash.
Yes! We will buy your vehicles whether they run or not.
A signed title is preferred, but if you do not have one, we will fill out a State of Colorado Bill of Sale for you (there will be a deduction for the bill of sale). For vehicles less than 10 years old the signed title will be required.
A complete vehicle is a vehicle with the following in place: catalytic converter, battery, 4 tires on original rims (no donuts), all glass, lights, engine, transmission, radiator, and electrical wiring. There is no deduction for tires or gas tanks on complete vehicles.
An incomplete vehicle is a vehicle missing any of the above components OR any vehicle that has been stuffed with steel or car parts. There will be a deduction on all tires and any gas tanks that do not have two 1" holes punctured in them on incomplete vehicles.
We price vehicles based on the year they were made and weight of the car. Any vehicle manufactured 1998 or newer will receive a higher price (based on the current market) so long as it is a complete car.
The weight of your vehicle can be found on the title or registration. The title or registration will say CWT/CAP/SIZE and underneath have a 2 digit number. This number represents the estimated weight in hundreds of pounds; for example, a CWT of 33 is approximately 3300 pounds.
No, but please call us for a preferred pick-up company.
Yes! We will take any household appliance made of metal. However, fridges and freezers must have the freon drained before we can accept them.
Colorado state law requires a current valid US government-issued photo ID for the sale of ALL materials except: unprepared steel and pop cans.
No, we accept all sized loads. There is no minimum weight load.
Please call or e-mail with any further questions.